Explore Job Openings
Chief Business Development Officer (Francophone Africa)
5 - 12 years
Chief Executive Officer
The Chief Business Development Officer provides leadership, direction, and resource stewardship to the organization’s sales function for Francophone Africa. As an organization’s senior sales leader, He/She is accountable for overall sales organization performance, the profitable achievement of sales organization goals, and for aligning sales objectives with firm business strategy
- Aligns the sales organization’s objectives with firm international expansion business strategy through active participation in corporate strategic planning, sales strategy development, forecasting, sales resource planning, and budgeting.
- Accountable for effective sales organization design, including sales job roles, sales channel design, and sales resource deployment.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume, market share, and other key financial performance objectives.
- Leads learning and development initiatives impacting the sales organization, and provides stewardship of sales and sales management talent. Through active, productive partnerships with Human Resources and Learning and Development functions, the SVP establishes learning and development objectives essential to the sales organization’s success, oversees the effective delivery of training and development programs, actively assesses the value of training and development investments, and monitors learning and development outcomes to ensure high ROI.
- Establishes and governs the sales organization’s performance management system. This includes establishing guiding sales organizational principles for managing performance, establishing and prioritizing critical performance measures for all sales jobs; overseeing the equitable allocation of organization objectives across all sales channels, markets, and personnel; and ensuring all key sales and sales management associates are held accountable for assigned results.
- Provides leadership to the sales organization’s management team, while fostering a culture of accountability, professional development, high-performance, and ethical behaviour
- Accountable for the sales organization support budget. Proactively assesses existing sales organization support investments, including those in technology, training, and administrative support. Ensures support investments yield productivity benefits consistent with established objectives. Provides managerial leadership to Sales Operations in meeting this responsibility, and works closely with the Chief Technology Officer to ensure technology initiatives are implemented consistent with firm technology strategy.
- Leads sales organization change initiatives by continuously assessing the need for organizational change, championing change initiatives, and removing obstacles impeding constructive organizational change.
- Establishes and maintains productive peer-to-peer relationships with customers and prospects.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Achieves assigned organizational objectives for sales, profits, volume, product mix, and other strategic goals.
- Supports the achievement of strategic objectives critical to other functional areas within the firm.
Think you’re a great fit for our team? Stop wasting time and apply now!Apply Now