Explore Job Openings
Chief Financial Officer
6 - 12 years
Chief Executive Officer
The Finance Team
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) provides both strategic and tactical support to the organization. The CFO supervises the finance unit and is the chief financial spokesperson for the organization. The CFO reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and directly assists the Chief Operating Officer (COO) on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs and the securing of new funding.
- Participate in developing new business, specifically: assist the CEO and COO in identifying new funding opportunities, the drafting of prospective programmatic budgets, and determining the cost effectiveness of prospective service delivery. Train the Finance Unit and other staff on raising awareness and knowledge of financial management matters.
- Provide the COO with an operating budget. Work with the COO to ensure programmatic success through cost analysis support, and compliance with all contractual and programmatic requirements.
- Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization including organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, reports to funding agencies, development and monitoring of organizational and contract/grant budgets.
- Oversee all purchasing and payroll activity for staff and participants.
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the organization and oversee federal awards and programs. Oversee the coordination and activities of independent auditors ensuring all audit issues are resolved, and all compliance issues are met, and the preparation of the annual financial statements is in accordance with the required regulatory bodies
- Attend Board and Subcommittee meetings; including being the lead staff on the Audit/Finance Committee.
- Monitor banking activities of the organization.
- Ensure adequate cash flow to meet the organization's needs.
- Serve as one of the trustees and oversee administration and financial reporting of the organization's Savings and Retirement Plan.
- Investigate cost-effective benefit plans and other fringe benefits which the organization may offer employees and potential employees with the goal of attracting and retaining qualified individuals.
- Oversee the production of monthly reports including reconciliations with funders and pension plan requirements, as well as financial statements and cash flow projections for use by Executive management, as well as the Audit/Finance Committee and Board of Directors.
- Assist in the design, implementation, and timely calculations of wage incentives, commissions, and salaries for the staff.
- Oversee Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable and ensure a disaster recovery plan is in place.
- Oversee business insurance plans and health care coverage analysis.
- Oversee the maintenance of the inventory of all fixed assets, including assets purchased with government funds (computers, etc.) ensuring all are in accordance with regulations.
The ideal candidate should have a BA in Accounting, Finance or related fields, MBA is desirable. Qualified Chartered Accountant is highly desirable. 7+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, preferably in the big consulting or financial technology companies. Problem-solving and analytical skills. High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results orientation. An enthusiastic team player and strong interpersonal skills. A hands-on manager with integrity and a desire to work in a dynamic, mission-driven environment. Highly representative. Experience with startup funding and investment is an added advantage.
Think you’re a great fit for our team? Stop wasting time and apply now!Apply Now